Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Suited for Fligt

The highlight of my trip was meeting the crew of our C130 airplane. I now have an official flight suit with my name badge on it and the kids are all excited about flight and my stories from our summer excursion. I am sharing news with them daily about Curiosity and we have had a lot of fun discussing some of the things that will be coming our way in the future. They also loved hearing about Spaceship 2 and Virgin Galactic. It's so amazing where we have come so quick and I really enjoyed watching the JPL folks react to the landing of Curiosity- it is amazing seeing grown men hug and cry, but I know that years of hard work finally came to fruition for them and they were so elated to see that the rover made it- we are now on Mars!!!  I have been asked to be the featured speaker for an engineering society ASQ American Society for Quality on September 11th. I look forward to sharing my trip with them and hopefully raise some funds to bring teachers here in the summer of 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment