Sunday, July 22, 2012

Aurora

It's amazing how technology has changed the way we deal with tragedy and response. I've been overwhelmed by the shooting in Aurora and devastated just like the rest of America at all the horrible news pouring in. It's amazing how you can log on to Youtube and see video, hear 911 calls, police scanner recordings. Then there's twitter and how people responded to who was dead and how one after another the victim's names were identified. The police department even used social media. I guess I'm just crushed at all the horrific things that took place and how innocent unsuspecting lives were taken or changed and why? And saddest of all is that the gunman is referred to as a gifted student- this greatly disturbs me since I teach students who are intellectually gifted. I'm left wondering, where did it all go wrong for such a bright young person. My heart goes out to the victims' families, the survivors, the rescue personnell and all those who have been touched by this event. And Lord help me make my students feel truly blessed by their gifts- to use them in positive ventures- and to turn to others for help if anything goes wrong in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment