I've been so blessed to have been up-to-date on technology for most of my career, but technology is growing so fast that you just can't know it all any more. I've been fighting the Twitter bug and the Facebook stuff and finally I've been bitten by the bug. I participated in my first Tweetchat tonight on #gtala. It was rather refreshing and exciting to talk to colleagues and also get some technology links from other participants.
I only wish that all this great stuff had been around when I first started teaching over 23 years ago. I was so excited when I was one of the first people to have an email account with NASA called spacelink. I remember my students actually emailing folks about the 1989 San Fran Earth Quake-getting personal stories to compare with a story book we read about what it was like to live in the Quake of 1906. I also remember participating in the CUCME software which was the precursor to all video chat. Now we can chat real time or even see each other on Skype. Beam me up Scotty- I love the future!!!
I've acquired a lot of neat links today that I want to post:
AASL Best websites for Teaching and Learning
Differentiation for High Ability Learners
Cybrary Man's Educational Web Sites
No comments:
Post a Comment